Trehey, Amy K.
Amy Trehey is an Attorney with Johnson, Larson & Peterson P.A., practicing primarily in the areas of real property law, civil litigation, estate planning and creditor and debtor remedies. Prior to joining Johnson, Larson & Peterson, Amy served as in-house counsel for a national commercial bank based out of central Minnesota, where she gained significant experience in business law, banking law, corporate governance, commercial lending, foreclosures and regulatory matters. Prior to her work as in-house counsel, Amy worked for a Minneapolis-based law firm in the firm's Commercial Financial Services practice group, where she represented various clients including banks, credit unions, franchisees and small businesses.
Amy received her Juris Doctorate Degree from the University of St. Thomas School of Law in 2018, graduating Magna Cum Laude. While in law school, Amy received four Dean's Awards, given to the top-performing student in the class, in the areas of Bankruptcy Law, Appellate Writing, Negotiations and Business Associations/Corporations. Before law school, Amy received her Bachelors Degree from St. Cloud State University, graduating Summa Cum Laude.
In her free time, Amy enjoys hiking, cooking, and spending time with her family and friends, including her husband Mark and their dog Mylo.
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 2018 to Present
- Real Property 30%
- Estate Planning 30%
- Creditor-Debtor Rights and Remedies 25%
- Financial Services 15%
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2018
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Criminal Justice Studies
- Minnesota, 2018
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2019
- Dean's Award Recipient in Appellate Writing, 2017
- Dean's Award Recipient in Bankruptcy Law, 2018
- Dean's Award Recipient in Negotiations, 2018
- Dean's Award Recipient in Business Associations, 2017
- Dean's List
- Secured Transactions in Personal Property, Representing the Ongoing Business Deskbook, 2019